Backup cameras are necessary for drivers nowadays as they are very useful in many instances like reversing and parking your vehicle. These backup cameras can be wired, or wireless. If this component is missing from your car, driving can become more challenging.
What are wireless backup cameras?
Wireless backup cameras have a transmitter circuit, instead of so many wires attached. This transmitter circuit carries the video that the camera captures toward the head unit through waves. These waves are recognized and picked by the head unit because it is programmed to not let this information go.
Both the camera and the receiver’s frequency must be set at a certain level. When the waves are received, the information is displayed on the screen as video.
Wireless backup cameras and their types
- There is an analog system which is an older system where there is a continuous exchange of signals which are variable. These variable signals travel through the airwaves before eventually getting transmitted.
- The other is that digital systems do not work with a continuous variable signal, as they just transmit their data to the head unit directly. Their signals can reach further than an analog system camera’s signals.
What is a wireless backup camera’s range?
Range means the distance till which the signal travels. Most wireless cameras have a signal range of up to 100 feet. This range works well for most vehicles as they mostly have a range of about 40 feet.
What causes weak signals in a wireless backup camera?
- Reflective surfaces in the way of the transmission of signals can cause them to weaken as it can block the receiver’s arrangement.
- Irregular surfaces between the camera and the receiver can also cause the signal to weaken.
- If signals pass through glass, diffraction can be caused which leads to the signals losing their way to the receiver.
- Solid surfaces can also block the signal from reaching the receiver.
How to fix a weak signal problem?
- You have to make sure that there are no reflective surfaces in the path of transmission of the signals.
- There shouldn’t be any solid and irregular surfaces between the camera and the receiver. Remove all such objects.
- Some wireless cameras don’t work well transmitting signals to farther distances, make sure your camera is mounted nearer to the receiver.
- You can get a new backup camera, with a strong range and transmitting abilities.
Signal quality and installation
Wireless cameras have a strong signal quality, displaying good quality videos. Wireless systems can have some interference if the model does not match your vehicle’s needs.
However, wireless backup cameras are extremely easy to install. You just have to mount the camera at a reasonable distance, at the perfect location and fix the receiver.
Wireless backup cameras rarely have signal issues if you select the best model. Our website offers a range of different cameras to select from. If you have any queries, you can contact us at [email protected].